We are one family: Love for ourselves, for each other and for the world.
Stoborough CE Primary strives to develop a school environment that demonstrates sustainable practices where children and parents are encouraged to live their daily lives in an eco-friendly way. Pupils in the Eco Team are passionate about ways in which they can make a difference.
We have new members of the Stobrough family. Meet Dandelion, Dora and Heather who have been named by the pupils.
Having chickens at school means pupils will get the opportunity to:
- check on and feel responsible for monitoring the chicken's health and wellbeing
- feed the chickens, with adult supervision
- watch the chickens and learn about these fascinating animals in a real-life setting
- learn about animal nutrition and care
- learn about how the hens lay their eggs
- use the chickens' eggs for cookery, under supervision and with permission
We often use the school grounds to plant bulbs and plant herbs.
In the Community:
This year we raised money for the PTFA by organising an eco-friendly Christmas wreath workshop using willow and holly from our own school grounds, as well as other natural foliage and dried herbs.