School Wellbeing Dog
Auggie is our lovely wellbeing dog, who is working in our school as part of an on-going provision for wellbeing and mental health. Auggie lives with Mrs Murray and comes in to school every day to be alongside the children and staff.
He helps us to support the children at Stoborough by:
- motivating pupils to think and to learn, as most children have a high level of natural interest in, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of animals;
- encouraging respect and thereby improving pupils’ relationships with each other, parents and teachers;
- teaching children to nurture and respect life;
- helping with some of our vulnerable children;
- helping children build confidence in reading;
- improving attendance and punctuality;
- further promote and support our valuable wellbeing work with pupils and staff.
Auggie loves reading with the children and he especially enjoys his lunchtime walks, taking part in running club and being fed treats for tricks!
Look at what some of our Reception pupils think about Auggie.
Dog Mentor Training
Congratualtions to Auggie for passing his dog mentor training with flying colours!