MEET THE TEAM:
- Mr Duffy (Class teacher)
- Miss Gwinnett (Teaching Assistant)
- Miss Jones (Teaching Assistant)
STARS OF THE WEEK [26.2.21]
DELILAH: for her impressive poetry writing in English. She produced a wonderful acrostic poem containing some very impressive word choices. Well done, Delilah.
FRANCESCA: for her continuous hard work in her learning at home and for sharing her delightful ideas so confidently in our class meetings. Well done, Francesca.
REMOTE LEARNING TIMETABLE:
SEE WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
Check out our Andy Goldsworthy inspired art...
In English, we have been reading 'The Boy Who Grew Dragons' by Andy Shepherd. This is a story about a young boy, Tomas, who discovers that his dragon fruit is far from ordinary, and soon finds himself in charge of a small but very cheeky pet dragon.
We have been using our imagination to come up with facts about our own fictional fruits. Take a look at the examples below...
In maths, we've been exploring numbers to 1000 - estimating, adding, subtracting and solving missing numbers.
In music we are exploring the musical style of Jazz, investigating its origins, influences, sounds and getting to know some famous jazz artists throughout history e.g. Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and more...
THIS TERM'S TOPIC
This term in Year 3, we are exploring The Vikings...
We will be learning about 'People of God', exploring the story of Noah and how Christians through history and nowadays try to live as people of God.
In history, we will be exploring the history of the Vikings.
In science, we are exploring humans and animals and learning about the importance of skeletons.
We really appreciate all the support you give your children at home - it makes a huge difference! Here are a few ways you can help significantly.
- Hear your child read their school books regularly and also encourage them to read widely at home. Exploring recipe books, shopping lists, instruction guides and age-appropriate news articles can be a great way to extend your child's reading skills while sharing valuable time together.
- Please visit TT Rockstars so your child can practise their times tables ahead of our Monday Times Table review.
- Spellings are sent out weekly, in your child's reading diary, ahead of our spelling test the following Thursday morning.
- Mathletics tasks are set weekly on Fridays and due for the following Friday.
A SAMPLE TIMETABLE OF OUR WEEK: